Lx2 favourite things.
That’d be Laura and Lacey’s Favourite Things – It’s like Oprah’s, but on a budget; a $20 budget to be exact.
I love presents, and I love mail, so combining the two seems like the world’s greatest idea. On that note, a big thanks to Leigh and Lindsey for organizing (sooo many L names in one post) the 2012 Favourite Things Christmas Blog Swap.
Lacey, also from Calgary, was my partner. She asked a few strategic questions and combined a few of my favourite things with hers to come up with a great gift for me.
A Christmas tree made out of tea and a mug – there is part of me that doesn’t want to open it, because it is so adorable. That feeling won’t last too long.
Just in time for the fatten-up-your-skinny-coworkers season, cookie mix and a cutter. Mix is so helpful when I feel like being a domestic superstar without the effort. Like a true goddess, I always admit that I made them from scratch. (Side note: For another quick-bake, try these lemon icebox cookies. The dough keeps in the freezer for up to two months, so when you go on a date and want to impress, you can just cut off six and bake for 12 minutes – yes, I was that girl.)
Last but not least, trail mix. My favourite go-to snack. The worst thing about it is that one bag is already gone. I’m a trail mix monster.
This, mixed with “Baby, it’s Cold Outside” on repeat this morning, has me in a Christmas mood. Thanks so much Lacey; love it all! In other exciting news, Lacey just announced that she’s pregnant. Congratulations!
What’s your favourite holiday thing? I love pretty ornaments, too. I just don’t have a tree to put them on.
- save the leopard frog! i love our zoo's efforts to save endangered species. twitter.com/calgaryzoo/sta… 9 hours ago
- SO excited to be an ambassador for @boobyball + break out my best 90's wear for one fab night. get your tix now!… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 16 hours ago
- @YEGEntrepreneur hmu then. 18 hours ago
- i try to donate blood every 84 days, but been unsuccessful more times than not due to low hemoglobin. if you can, plz donate @itsinyoutogive 1 day ago
- OH: "'cuz, like, you know." our poor English language. 1 day ago