Lx2 favourite things.
That’d be Laura and Lacey’s Favourite Things – It’s like Oprah’s, but on a budget; a $20 budget to be exact.
I love presents, and I love mail, so combining the two seems like the world’s greatest idea. On that note, a big thanks to Leigh and Lindsey for organizing (sooo many L names in one post) the 2012 Favourite Things Christmas Blog Swap.
Lacey, also from Calgary, was my partner. She asked a few strategic questions and combined a few of my favourite things with hers to come up with a great gift for me.
A Christmas tree made out of tea and a mug – there is part of me that doesn’t want to open it, because it is so adorable. That feeling won’t last too long.
Just in time for the fatten-up-your-skinny-coworkers season, cookie mix and a cutter. Mix is so helpful when I feel like being a domestic superstar without the effort. Like a true goddess, I always admit that I made them from scratch. (Side note: For another quick-bake, try these lemon icebox cookies. The dough keeps in the freezer for up to two months, so when you go on a date and want to impress, you can just cut off six and bake for 12 minutes – yes, I was that girl.)
Last but not least, trail mix. My favourite go-to snack. The worst thing about it is that one bag is already gone. I’m a trail mix monster.
This, mixed with “Baby, it’s Cold Outside” on repeat this morning, has me in a Christmas mood. Thanks so much Lacey; love it all! In other exciting news, Lacey just announced that she’s pregnant. Congratulations!
What’s your favourite holiday thing? I love pretty ornaments, too. I just don’t have a tree to put them on.
- RT @NewYorker: Fifty years ago today, Otis Redding died in a plane crash. Though he was only twenty-six years old at the time of his death,… 3 hours ago
- RT @allisonbridgman: My sweet, adopted grandma, Rosie. She survived the terror of WWII, came to Canada, & was the most wonderful, joyful, &… 15 hours ago
- @misslindseydawn @thenashyyc it was so so good. i would suggest it! 17 hours ago
- three years ago today, the lovely ladies at @BeMaddpretty gave me this vampy look! https://t.co/cXLeXSxuYM 18 hours ago
- my first time having brunch at @thenashyyc. it did not disappoint; so delicious! https://t.co/58V1LgZmK9 19 hours ago