I don’t make resolutions – those things are silly and we often set ourselves up for failure. Since I’m trying not to be self-sabotaging we will steer clear of those. Okay? OK!
Instead, I introduce you to my list of goals, and intentions for 2011:
- Meditate daily…even if just for 10 minutes.
- Practice yoga at least three times a week for a minimum of 60 minutes.
- Do cardio training at least three times a week for a minimum of 45 minutes.
- Weight train at least twice a week.
- Move to Toronto by Oct. 1, 2011.
- Have my car paid off by May 31, 2011.
- Find a new job by May 2011.
- Do one grand gesture for a friend monthly.
- Research Yoga Teacher Training and Nutrition courses to see if either is a right path for night school.
- Reserve one day a month for trying something new like rock climbing or pottery.
- Wash my face properly daily.
- Floss more.
- Expand my vocabulary.
- Mail at least 52 handwritten notes (Christmas cards don’t count).
- Blog when it seems fitting – hopefully 3-5 times a week.
- Get at least 6 pedicures.
- When I’m thinking of someone, let them know.
- Go to the zoo.
- Drink more water.
- Try baking bread.
- Cook at least 75% of all meals consumed.
- Clean the closet and donate a bag of clothes.
- Slow dance more.
- Explore a new Toronto neighbourhood.
- Buy a ticket to either the TSO or the COC.
- Make a point to improve my posture.
- Make a list of everything that is free in Toronto/Mississauga/Oakville and take advantage.
- Dim Sum and then to the AGO.
- Brunch and off to the ROM.
- Change my morning routine so I eat breakfast at home instead of waking up ten minutes before I have to leave the house.
- Rewrite my story.
- Love my body.
- Have no credit card debt.
- After I’m debt-free, start saving 1/3 of each paycheck.
- Stop negative self-talk as soon as it starts.
- Walk whenever realistic.
- Smile daily – from inside.
- Have at least one date a month.
- Green smoothies sucked back at least three times a week.
- Warm water with lemon every morning….even lazy weekends.
- Express true emotions and thoughts daily. Be my authentic self.
- Learn about 12 new topics/things in depth. Research.
- Get paid to write freelance.
- Lose weight and define muscle to get to a “healthy me”.
Pretty great, don’t you think?
Any you want in on? I’d love some company for brunch, or the AGO. Yoga or pottery!